Find a Post

Thursday 5 February 2015

Daily make-up routine

So some of you guys wanted to see a blog post on my daily make-up routine; here it is!
I seem to rely so much on make-up to make myself feel good about myself and to become presentable to the rest of the world. I will never wear make-up when I'm going to be at home all day because I seem to think it would be a waste and it would also make me feel grubby when my skin could be taking a breather! Becaue as we all know, make-up is not particulary good for our skin.
You should always remember not to wear make-up for other people, wear it for yourself... There's no need to cover up your natural beauty if you feel more comfortable without it, don't let yourself be pushed down by other peers and do not ever think that others a better than you, we are equals and we are all amazing!
Most teens will go through extremelly hard times with their appearance, I did myself but you slowly learn to like who you are and what you look like. Don't get comfortable with hating your appearance speak to somebody or find new things to make yourself feel great.

Now I'm most definitely no make-up expert, but this is just how I do my every day make-up look... If you hve any tips for me to improve the way I do things, please let me know in the comments!

I begin each morning with washing my face quickly with cold water and a flannel to wake myself up and clear my face of any sleep-dust from my eyes (I seem to have a lot of that recently), I then go on to moisturising with my Simple KIND TO SKIN Repleneshing Rish Moisturiser for 12 hour moisture which makes my skin feel amazing in the mornings, along with my Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer.

                               
After moisturising and applying my primer I go ahead with either the Rimmel London BB Cream in the shade Light, applying it with my fingers; or the Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 hour foundation in the shade Ivory (100), using my cheap yet awesome Superdrug foundation brush. I also use this brush to do my concealer, the Rimmel London Wake Me Up concealer... The best concealer I have every used! It has ncredible coverage and literally does wake my face up, covering the horrible bags under my eyes all day long. 
I will usually apply BB Cream for half days at sixth form or for work as it looks natural and doesn't last very long, and my foundation is used for full and draining days at sixth form, as well as days or nights out, still looking natural or built up for a night-out!

    

Once my base is complete, I contour my cheek bones, the crease of my eyelids and each side of my nose using the darkest colour in my W7 Naked Nudes Eyeshadow Palette with an angled fluffy brush for the cheeks and nose and an eyeshadow bus for the crease on my eyelids.
The look on this palette is too shabby to take a picture of- sorry!

Now onto my worst part- the eyebrows. I can never get them right, one will always be higher than the other because of my stupidity of shaving half of one off by mistake about two years ago... but that's another story. I used to use pencil liner for my brows until I recently discoverd the answer to most of my brow problems; Rimmel London Brow This Way in Medium Brown (002), although I'm a blondie this is perfect! I can shape and fill in my brows with great ease since I found this make-up product and I will never go back to pencil liners. 
Sorry for the messy pic, I've used it a lot!

                                      

Powdering my face has got to be my favorite part of doing my make-up, so quick and easy using a sponge-pad with the Rimmel London Stay Matte Compressed Powder in the shade Sandstorm (004). I concentrate firstly on the greasier parts of my face- my forehead, nose and chin, in order to tackle the shine and I then do the rest of my face before using my large blusher brush and the Rimmel London Natural Bronzer in the shade Sun Light (021), which is probably too dark for me but I didn't realise there was different shades of bronzer at the time I picked it up! I use this on the top of my forehead, cheek bones and down my nose and then use a similar brush to blend in the bronzer and contour.

                                      


Using the two lightest shades of my eyeshadow palette I highlight my brow bone and my eyelid lash-line and will then occaisionally use the Rimmel London Exaggerate Eye Liner in 100% Black (001) to line my eyelid, just along the lash line for a bolder look. To complete my eyes, I use a lash curler before applying my favourite mascara, which I actually recieved for free thanks to a deal which was running online in Superdrug; the Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Endless in Extreme Black (003).
Also too shabby to have a picture of, oops!

Finally, I use Nivea Pearly Shine lip balm as a base for my lips, with Calvin Klein Mesmerize lipstick for a girly, pink colour which lasts me nearly all day and Maybelline New York BABY LIPS in Cherry Me for an added boost of colour, moisture and shine.

                                   

It sounds like I put so much on my face when I write it out like that, I guess I do! But you can now see how much I love Rimmel London products; they are a neccessity for my make-up bag. All this takes me up to 15 minutes maximum (if my eye liner goes right frst time), so it's great for every day looks and natural enough to ear for school, college or work. It's been my routine, with a few tweaks and changes to some products used, since atleast year 10 at school!

                                      

I hope this gives some of you some help or ideas of your own and please let me know if you have any tips for me to use while doing my make-up; leave them in the comments below :-)


                                                                  Love, Ceri Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment