Find a Post

Thursday 17 May 2018

Two Years Later

Two years ago to today the unthinkable happened; I lost my best friend.



After being really close to Tryst for 4 years, an argument tore us apart until we finally reconnected a year later, a reconnection I will forever be grateful for and the reason why I never like to leave things on bad terms with anyone I love or care for immensely- time and life is precious. 
Trystan, Jade and I spent every free moment together, going out for food, gossiping, drinking, adventuring or doing what seemed like nothing for hours on end. We were the three musketeers. We spoke about things which will never be repeated, anything and everything and what was said in whoever's car we were sitting in, stayed there! 



We have so many hilarious, unimaginable, scary and even sad memories shared that I will keep close to my heart forever. Although all Tryst did was take the mick he really did have a soft side that only those close to him got to see; but he wouldn't be happy if I aired proof of that! Our friendship was built on trust and a whole load of banter, if I needed anything I knew he'd pick up the phone any time, and he rang me every day. Getting used to not seeing his name flash up on my phone and no longer hearing his voice whether he was excited, upset, angry or just ringing for the sake of ringing, was one of the hardest things I've had to come to terms with.
I powered through and followed the career route he believed was best for me- getting a job and qualifying that way instead of heading off to university, because he always said he didn't want me to leave. That decision was the best I've made and I have taken so many huge steps forward to reaching my career goals and I hope that he is proud of how far I've come to this day!


If anyone wants to talk to me about how I grieved, what helped me, give me some tips or if anyone wants me to write more about the early days and following saying our final goodbyes; let me know.
It never gets better, it just gets easier to talk about. I'm so happy I got to know and make memories with this amazing young man.

Love, Ceri x


No comments:

Post a Comment