Find a Post

Monday 12 January 2015

The British Tag

Some people (Welsh nationalists, rather) would frown upon the fact I am calling myself British, as I do come from a small, extremely Welsh town in the North of Wales. But I believe that I am British as well as Welsh, because Wales is in Britain... Obviously! To me, being British means small talk with strangers at the bus stop about the weather, complaining about the 'typical British weather' day in day out and wearing jeans, a hoody and the most in-trend trainers every day.
So I thought I'd join in and do the British tag and answer a few questions on what I'm like as a British citizen; woah, I've said British a lot already- so here you go!


1) How many cups of tea do you have a day? How many sugars?

I'd say I probably have at least two cuppa's a day (or paned as we say around here)... I usually drink my tea pretty weak with milk and two sugars.



2) Favorite part of the roast?

Easy! Most definitely the roast potatoes (roasties) with all the herbs and spices creating a burst of taste in my mouth, along with gorgeous gravy lathered all over everything! Yum, it's making me hungry thinking of it.

3) Favorite dunking biscuit?

A yummy McVities Rich Tea of course! So simple yet so scrumptious.



4) Favorite quintessentially British past-time?

Going to the park for a picnic in the summer or on a lovely spring day to one of the gorgeous parks or gardens we have in Britain.

5) Favorite British word?

'bits and bobs' or 'blag'... bits and bobs is just such a typical British thing to say, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, we use that term to describe all sorts of little things when we actually can't be bothered to describe what we actually mean by 'bits and bobs'. And as for blag, well I definitely over-use this word!! It means annoying e.g. "oh my god that's such a blag" or "you're such a blag", or to scrounge, 'wing it' or used to mean a scam. 

6) Cockney rhyming slang?

Most definitely Adam and Eve, meaning Believe; It's so sweet!

7) Favorite British sweet?

I have a top 3 which I could never chose from! Firstly 'Love Hearts' fizzy, sweet sweeties which are absolutely delicious, and then there's the classic 'Drum Stick' a chewy sweet at the end of a stick to create a lolly... Delicious! Lastly, the 'Dib-Dabs' a lolly in which you dip into a sugary powder. 



8) What would your pub be called?

Although it sounds deep and dark, probably the Black Swan... Just sounds pretty cool as a pub name? I don't know, this is a hard question!

9) No. 1 British person?

Emma Watson. Straight out. Amazing.



10) Favorite shop/restaurant?

Fouzi's or the river Dee Bistro in the town at where I go to school! Perfect, delicious, cheap meals.

11) What's the first British song that pops into your head?

McFly - Star Girl, I would say Shine a Light but Taio Cruz also features in that so I guess that doesn't count... or Five Colours in her hair, but that one doesn't really pop up as really British in my opinion. But Star Girl is is so typically British cliche. 

12) Marmite- love or hate?

Absolutely love! Marmite on toast is my absolute FAVE.


That was such a fun tag to join in with, the questions were great to answer and I hope you've learnt a little more about me! Leave any comments or questions you'd like me to answer below!


Love, Ceri Xx








No comments:

Post a Comment